Yahoo.com is soon going to get a new and fresh look. Marissa Mayer, Yahoo’s new CEO is responsible or this new avatar of Yahoo. Approximately 170 million people visit Yahoo sites everyday. The new design of Yahoo has been provided by Business Insider.
Business Insider also notes the following changes:
- The search bar is now centered, and is part of a darker toolbar that is fixed to the top of the page as the user scrolls down.
- The Yahoo! logo is smaller, and no longer purple.
- The word “search” has been replaced with a magnifying glass icon.
- There are far fewer links to Yahoo Sites on the left side. Losers are: Dating, Flickr, Games, Jobs, Messenger, Music, My Yahoo!, and TV.
- Local weather has its own module.
- What’s trending has been deemphasized and moved to the left column.
- This is a now second large story tout below the top stories.
- Instead of just headlines, the news river has story summaries.
- Astrology has its own module.
The picture below shows the current look of yahoo.com
The picture below shows the new look of yahoo.com
And here is a look at what the Yahoo homepage looks like when you scroll down:
Source/Image Credit: Business Insider