At CES 2012, Toshiba introduced the world’s thinnest tablet, Toshiba Excite. At just 7.7 mm, the Toshiba Excite is, for now, the thinnest tablet, besting the slim iPad by .04 inches. The iPad 2 weighs 1.35 pounds and the Excite is just 1.2 lbs.
Toshiba Excite features:
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb
- 10.1-inch display (1280 x 800)
- 1.2 GHz dual-core TI OMAP4 CPU
- 1GB RAM
- Up to 64GB of built-in storage
- 5MP rear camera and 2MP front camera
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Stereo speakers
- microSD, microHDMI, microUSB
- Battery life at 8 hours for 100% video playback
Pricing details have not yet been revealed. However it is expected to fall in range of $499 to $599 for the base configuration when it ships sometime early this year.