There had been rumors on Toshiba working on world’s thinnest and lightest tablet and Toshiba has officially announced the “world’s thinnest, lightest” Android tablet, the AT200.The AT200, was unveiled today in the IFA conference in Berlin, Germany.
AT200 most likely called as Toshiba Excite comes with the thickness of 7.7mm which is thinnest compared to other Tablets which comes around 8.6-8.8mm thick. Now lets check out its weigh, its lighter compared to other Tablets, it weighs around 1.23 pounds(558g) whereas iPad 2 weighs 1.33 pounds(601g),so AT200 is lighter by 3 g comparatively.
Now lets talk about its other features,here is the list of it
- Comes with Android 3.2 (Honeycomb).
- Has a 10.1-inch screen, with 1280×800 resolution.
- The back is coated with aluminum,which gives a good look.
- The edges curved, its covered with aluminum, which is almost similar to those of iPhone 4.
- Comes with a 1.2GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4430 processor.
- It has got 1GB of RAM and up to 64GB of storage.
- Front end there is a front-facing camera for video chat, and a 5MP rear-facing camera at the backside.
- A microSD, micro-USB and micro-HDMI ports are also added
One of the Toshiba spokesperson said
“While extremely thin, the AT200 will feature a range of ports – a testament to Toshiba’s focus on usability in all of our tablet designs, an important element the category overall needs,Although consumers are telling us they want thin and light tablets, we also are hearing they do not want to sacrifice usability to get there.”
So currently the AT200 is going to be displayed in U.S,but the company has not revealed the release dates yet and also regarding the price rate it has not ye confirmed. But what is confirmed that it will hit the European market in the fourth quarter of this year.