In our previous post we did reveal that the Samsung Galaxy S III pre-booking option was available on Infibeam. However at that stage we didn’t know the price nor the launch date of this smartphone. The wait is over! Samsung has launched its Galaxy S III in India. Samsung has released its flagship smartphone for Rs 43,180.
The price tag stands well for its specification. The Galaxy S III comes with a 4.8 inch wide HD Super AMOLED Plus touch screen and a highly powerful quad-core mobile processor. Samsung has received over 9 million pre-orders worldwide and it is looking at breaking the record for its flagship devices namely the Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Note with the launch of the much awaited Galaxy S III GT-I9300.
Here are the highlights:
- a 1.4GHz quad core exynos processor,
- 1GB of RAM,
- a 4.8 Super AMOLED HD display with a resolution of 1280×720 pixels,
- a 8-megapixel camera with zero shutter lag and 1080p video capture and a 1.9-megapixel front facing camera.
- a large 2,100 mAh battery
- a ultra light and ergonomic design with a finish called “hyperglaze”
- S-Voice virtual assistant
- Smart Stay eye tracking feature allows enhanced flexibility.
Samsung is offering the device in three memory options of 16GB only and at the same time it provides scope for memory expansion via microSDX support for up to 64 GB. Samsung has also tied up with Vodafone to provide 3GB of data for free for two months.
Source: BGR (India)