LG has officially released the new Optimus G after weeks of speculation and rumors. The Optimus G comes with LTE- and NFC-compatible and feature the new Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 quad-core processor, 4.7-inch WXGA screen 1,280 x 768 pixels resolution, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, 13-megapixel rear-facing camera, 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera, 2,100mAh battery with 800 cycles lifespan. The phone will be shipped with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. Optimus G has also a feature called “cross-tasking” that is the ability to complete several complex tasks simultaneously without compromising other tasks.
The smartphone is to release in South Korea next week and worldwide in October.
Here are some of the functions according to an LG press release:
- QSlide Function shows two different screens simultaneously on one display. As it doesn’t just show a part of the screen but the entire screen of both functions, the user can complete two tasks concurrently — such as sending a text message or searching the web while watching a video;
- Live Zooming enhances the video-watching experience as users can zoom in up to five times while the video is being streamed for a close-up of one’s child while watching a recorded video from a school recital;
- Dual Screen Dual Play not only allows mirroring between the smartphone and a TV, it also has the ability to display different content on each screen wirelessly. For example, a slide presentation can be displayed on the TV while the Optimus G shows the accompanying speaking notes;
- QuickMemo allows users to write, draw, or jot a memo with their finger directly on the captured screen for sharing instantly with others as an attachment or a URL. The QuickMemo can also be used as an overlay feature — like jotting down a number using the QuickMemo and directly dialing the number while the number is on the top layer;
- Screen Zooming allows for the zooming in and out of lists in music player, email, text messages and photo gallery. It also offers the ability to change the font size and screen layout;
- Application Link launches preset applications (email, calendar, weather, etc.) when the alarm is turned off — making preparation time in the morning go a little faster with all the information on your screen;
- Icon Personalizer allows users the ability to customize icons by editing size and adding images so the most frequently used apps can be most easily accessible.
[box_dark]At GEEKTECH we see that our viewers get all the latest tech news and updates. We post here the latest happenings and news on various categories like present technology, latest gadgets and devices released around the world.
We are truly thankful to our viewers for supporting us.[/box_dark]