Indian manufacturer Lava have started their new XOLO series with the X900 which will be the first handset powered by an Intel processor with a steep a price tag of Rs 22,000, the handset failed to make an impact in the market. To make up for lost efforts, last month LAVA released the affordable XOLO A700 based on Mediatek’s dual-core MT6577 chipset. But this time around, Lava has unwrapped the dual-core handset’s successor — the XOLO A800. This smartphone is also powered by dual-core processor clocked at 1 GHz, and 512 MB of RAM. It comes with an 8 mp rear and VGA front camera. Its 4.5″ IPS screen has pixel dimensions of 960×540. The dual-SIM (GSM) handset runs Android 4.0 out of the box.
The detailed list of features is as follows:
- 4.5″ IPS touchscreen with 960×540 pixels, 16 million colours.
- Dual-SIM GSM (900, 1800, 2100 MHz).
- 1 GHz dual-core processor, 512 MB of RAM.
- Android 4.0 (ICS).
- 8 mp camera with an LED flash.
- Front 0.3 mp camera.
- 4 GB of internal storage, MicroSD card slot (supports up to 32 GB).
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, Assisted-GPS.
- 3.5 mm audio jack, Micro-USB 2.0.
- Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer.
- 1600 mAh battery.
- Package Contents: Charger, USB, 8 GB microSD card.
With a price tag of Rs 12,000, the Lava XOLO A800 will compete with the Micromax Superfone A110 that boasts of a bigger screen. That being said, the XOLO might edge past its competition in terms of performance.