The newest version of Firefox Beta for Android is out on the Market now, and it feels impressive. It brings a slew of UI changes, performance improvements, and other fixes and enhancements.
New in this release for Android:
- New initial experience: Firefox starts faster and uses less memory. Get to your home page quickly and discover browser features on the side panels.
- Higher-quality image scaling: View crisp Web pages and images with less pixelation
- Enhanced Firefox experience on large screen tablets
- Improvements to the form helper on Android
- Fresh visual style on Gingerbread OS
- Optimization for pages that use right to left layout rendering, e.g. in Hebrew and Arabic
- Touch Events for better interaction with Web pages
- IndexedDB allows Web pages to store data offline for faster access
- Automatic text hyphenation
It’s a nice improvement all around, but if you like image intensive sites, this update is a must have. It’s free in the Android Market.